1.0 USER PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION
- The Essential One is committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers and website visitors.
- We will never send you unsolicited emails or spam.
- We will not pass on your personal, credit or debit card details to any third party.
- We will never sell, rent or otherwise distribute or make public your personal information.
2.0 NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL LEGISLATION
This site complies with the legislations above and is also likely to be compliant with the data protection and privacy legislation of other countries and territories. Please contact our data protection officer (see section 9.0) for details if you are unsure whether this site is compliant for your country of residence.
3.0 PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT THIS WEBSITE COLLECTS AND WHY WE COLLECT IT
This website collects and uses personal information for the following reasons:
Username and password
When you sign up for an account on our website, we collect a username and password so that we can keep your information safe and it is available to you when you visit our website.
Your personal details
This information can include any of the following – title, name, billing / delivery address, email address, phone number and IP address. We use this information to deliver purchases to you, send service messages by email (so you know when your order will arrive and with which courier), assist us with customer service / support and handle returns, prevent and detect fraud, finding out what you like and what other customers like, improve our website and your shopping experience, showing you www.theessentialone.com adverts as you browse the web and sending you information by email about our products and services (but only with your permission).
Site visitation tracking
This site uses Google Analytics (GA) to track user interaction. We use this data to determine the number of people using our site, to better understand how they find and use our web pages and to see their journey through the website.
Our Help & Advice Centre
Should you choose to add a comment to any posts that we have published on our help & advice centre, the name and email address you enter with your comment will be saved to this website’s database, along with your computer’s IP address and the time and date that you submitted the comment. This information is only used to identify you as a contributor to the comment section of the respective blog post and is not passed on to any of the third-party data processors detailed below. Only your name will be shown on the public-facing website although if the supplied email address is linked to a Gravatar account, your Gravatar photo will also be displayed.
Your comment and its associated personal data will remain on this site until we see fit to either 1.) remove the comment or 2.) remove the blog post. Should you wish to have the comment and its associated personal data deleted, please contact our data controller (see section 8.0 for details).
Contact forms and email links
Should you choose to contact us using the contact form on our Contact us page or an email link, none of the data that you supply will be stored by this website or passed to / be processed by any of the third-party data processors defined in section 6.0. Instead the data will be collated into an email and sent to us over the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP). Our SMTP servers are protected by TLS (sometimes known as SSL) meaning that the email content is encrypted using SHA-2, 256-bit cryptography before being sent across the internet. The email content is then decrypted by our local computers and devices.
If you choose to join our email newsletter, the email address that you submit to us will be forwarded to MailChimp who provide us with email marketing services. We consider MailChimp to be a third-party data processor (see section 6.0 below). The email address that you submit will not be stored within this website’s own database or in any of our internal computer systems.
Your email address will remain within MailChimp’s database for as long as we continue to use MailChimp’s services for email marketing or until you specifically request removal from the list. You can do this by unsubscribing using the unsubscribe links contained in any email newsletters that we send you or by requesting removal via email. When requesting removal via email, please send your email to us using the email account that is subscribed to the mailing list.
4.0 WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
This website is hosted by Sonassi within a UK data centre. The Data centre meets the highest standards for PCI Compliance and ISO 27001. Full details on the data centre where this website is stored in can be found here
All traffic (transferral of files) between this website and your browser is encrypted and delivered over HTTPS.
The security of your order information and personal details (including your credit or debit card details) is very important to us and we have made every effort to make security a priority when you are ordering from the website. We use up-to-the-minute Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to assure that your personal information is encrypted. This ensures that your credit card details remain scrambled when they pass over the web. Your card details are not held on the internet and once payment has been validated and authorisation approved, the card details are deleted. We use verify by visa to protect your card against unauthorised use and give you extra protection and peace of mind when you're shopping with us.
You can confirm the security of your connection to the checkout page by checking the bottom of your browser window. When the connection is secure you will see a closed lock.
5.0 DATA BREACHES
Any unlawful data breaches of the database of this website or the database(s) of any third-party data processor will be reported to all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours, if any of the personal data has been stolen and was stored in an identifiable manner.
6.0 OUR THIRD-PARTY DATA PROCESSORS
We use a number of third parties to process personal data on our behalf. These third parties have been carefully chosen and all of them comply with the legislation set out in section 2.0. All of these third parties are EU-U.S Privacy Shield compliant.
- Linn Systems See Here
7.0 YOUR RIGHTS
- You have a right to access your personal data. Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you have a right to access the personal data we hold and can provide this to you on your request within 40 days. To request your personal data please email the data protection officer (see section 9.0).
- You have a right to request corrections on your data. If you believe any of the personal data we hold about you is incorrect or out of date, please contact us so we can update it for you.
- You have a right to have the personal data we hold on you erased in certain circumstances.
- You have a right to withdraw from marketing / promotional messages at any time by withdrawing consent through unsubscribing from our email database.
- You have the right to restrict processing of your personal data in certain situations.
- You have a right to obtain and reuse your personal information for your own purposes via a file format that is readable (.csv).
- You have a right to request a transfer or port elements to you or to another service provider.
8.0 DATA CONTROLLER
The data controller of this website is: The Essential One Limited, a UK Private Limited Company with company number: 11952524
Whose registered office is:
ZY Retail Ltd, The Redlands,
And whose operating office is:
ZY Retail Ltd, The Redlands,
9.0 DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
Mr Mark Handley
ZY Retail Ltd.
Telephone: 01452 750915
Terms and Conditions of Website Use
These terms and conditions apply to the use of The Essential One.com website. By placing an order with us, you are agreeing to accept these terms and conditions (The Conditions). Please note, these terms and conditions can potentially change at any time, and it is up to you to check these terms and conditions regularly before ordering products in case there are any changes. If you do not agree with the terms and conditions set out below, you should not use or access this website. If you have any queries relating to our terms and conditions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org before placing an order.
Theessentialone.com is the trading name of ZY Retail Ltd, The Redlands, Main Road, Minsterworth, Gloucestershire, GL2 8JH. Vat Registered
These terms and conditions will apply between you and The Essential One Ltd, when you buy an item from Theessentialone.com. The terms do not affect your statutory rights.
- Your contract for purchases made through The Essentialone.com is with The Essential One Ltd and you undertake that all goods ordered by you are for your own private and domestic use only and are not for resale.
- You must be eighteen years old or older to use this website. If you are under eighteen, you may only use this site with the agreement of, and under the supervision of, a parent or guardian. If you do not qualify, please do not use this website.
- You warrant that all details you provide to Theessentialone.com for the purpose of ordering or purchasing goods are true, accurate, current and complete in all respects; and that the credit or debit card you are using is your own and that there are sufficient funds in your account to cover payment of the product(s) ordered.
- You agree that e-mail can be used as a long-distance means of communication.
- For those customers who wish to register with us, you must choose a username and password. You are responsible for all actions taken under that username and password and must only purchase from Theessentialone.com under your own username and password. You must make every effort to keep your password safe and should not disclose it to anyone. If you think someone else might know it, you must change it. You may not transfer or sell your username to anyone, nor permit, either directly or indirectly, anyone to use your username or password. If there are any changes to the details supplied by you it is your responsibility to inform Theessentialone.com as soon as possible.
- It is a crime to use a false name or a known invalid credit card to order. Anyone caught deliberately entering an incorrect or fictitious order will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
The Essential One Ltd reserve the right to end our agreement with you and to suspend or terminate your access to the website immediately and without notice to you if:
- you fail to make payment to us when due
- you breach any of our terms and conditions
- when requested by us to do so, you fail to provide within a reasonable time frame, enough information to let us to check the accuracy and validity of any information supplied by you, or your identity
- we suspect you have engaged, or are about to engage, or have way of being involved in fraudulent or illegal activity on Theessentialone.com. You agree that if you break these Conditions, or any liabilities are incurred arising out of your use of this website, you will be responsible for the costs and expenses that we or our officers, directors, employees, agents and suppliers incur as a result of the breach, including reasonable legal fees (if applicable). You will remain liable if someone else uses your shopping account and/or personal information unless you can prove that such use was fraudulent.
We do not accept liability (except as set out below) for any errors and/or omissions contained in our website and reserve the right to change information, prices, specifications and descriptions of listed goods, products and services at any time and without notice.
If an error is discovered in the price of the goods that you have ordered, we will inform you as soon as possible. We shall be under no obligation to fulfil an order for a product that was advertised at an incorrect price. In the event that you order an item and the price published on our website is incorrect for any reason, we will email you to inform you that we have not accepted your order. You will be advised of the correct price of the subject product. You may wish to go ahead with the order and pay the difference or if you have already paid for the goods in the circumstances described in this clause, we shall cancel the order and refund the full amount within 30 days of the date of order. Should you choose to re-order at the correct price, a separate transaction will be posted to your credit or debit card.
In the unlikely event that you receive goods which were not what you ordered or which are damaged or defective, or are of a different quantity to that stated on your order, we shall make good any shortage or non-delivery, replace any damaged or defective goods, or refund to you the amount you paid for the goods in question provided that you notify us of the problem in writing at the address stated in the confirmation email within one month of delivery of the goods plus return the goods to us, unless we inform you that return is not necessary. We will refund any related returned postage costs incurred by yourself. This provision does not affect your statutory rights.
We have taken every measure to provide accurate product images for each product for sale on our website. However, due to a number of different factors such as Internet browsers, monitor colour contrasts etc, we cannot be held responsible or liable for any differences in colour between the image and the actual product. The products sold on Theessentialone.com are provided for private domestic and consumer use only. Accordingly, we do not accept liability for any indirect loss, consequential loss, loss of data, loss of income or profit, loss of damage to property and/or loss from claims of third parties arising out of the use of the website or for any products or services purchased from Theessentialone.com.
We have taken every measure to prevent Internet fraud and ensure any data collected from you is stored as securely and safely as possible. However, we cannot be held liable in the extremely unlikely event of a breach in our secure computer servers.
We shall have no liability to you for any delay in the delivery of products ordered or any other matters to the extent that the delay is due to any event outside our reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, war, flood, fire, labour disputes, strikes, lock-outs, riots, civil commotion, malicious damage, explosion, governmental actions and any other similar events.
We make no warranty that the Website will meet your requirements or will be uninterrupted, timely or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the Website. We will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of content or material uploaded or transmitted through the Website.
To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, we disclaim any and all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the Products. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer, nor does it affect your Contract Cancellation Rights.
Links to other sites
We accept no responsibility for the contents of any other websites to which this website has links or acts as agent and shall not be held responsible or liable for any loss or damages caused or alleged to have been caused by use of, or reliance on, any content, goods or services available on such sites.
We cannot be held responsible for material displayed on third party websites or any other written material. The only prices that apply to The Essential One products are those stated on The Essential One material. We cannot vouch for the reliability of prices stated on shopping directories or through any other third party.
All rights, including copyright, in the content of Theessentialone.com web pages are owned or controlled by The Essential One Ltd. In accessing Theessentialone.com web pages, you agree that you may only download the content for your own individual and non-commercial use. You are not permitted to copy, broadcast, download, store (in any medium), transmit, show or play in public, adapt or change in any way the content of Theessentialone.com web pages for any other purpose whatsoever without the prior written permission of The Essential One Ltd.
No waiver by us shall be construed as a waiver of any proceeding or succeeding breach of any provision.
These Conditions govern our relationship with you. You confirm that, in agreeing to accept the Conditions, you have not relied on any representation except where that representation has been made a term of these Conditions and you agree that you shall have no remedy in respect of any representation. Your statutory rights are not affected by these terms and conditions. Nothing in this Clause shall limit or exclude our liability in respect of any fraudulent or negligent misrepresentation whether or not such has become a term of the Conditions.
The Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
What are cookies?
'Cookies' are small text files that are stored on your computer or mobile phone by your browser (e.g. Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari) that allow websites to do things like provide you with more relevant information and store your user preferences.
What are cookies used for?
Some of the things that cookies are used for are listed below:
- Site performance cookies: By saving your preferences, these types of cookies remove the need to reset your personal settings each time you visit the site.
- Anonymous analytics cookies: These cookies allow us to track how many users we have and how often they visit the site.
- Registration cookies: These cookies are used to track whether or not you have signed in.
- Advertising cookies: Used to make advertising more relevant to each user.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you can change your website browser settings.
Online Dispute Resolution
Our customers are extremely important to us and we treat all complaints very seriously. We pride ourselves on our quality of product and always go the extra mile for our customers.
If you would like to make a complaint, email us at email@example.com or through our contact form here.
Relevant information in relation to complaints about products and services bought online can also be found using the Online Dispute Resolution platform, this can be accessed here: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/